Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Weddings

I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post.
I can't believe it's already December, tomorrow!
I can't believe how BLESSED and busy I have been (explains the month hiatus and my inability to track dates)!

I can't believe how much I love working on rustic weddings! This month I had the opportunity to provide desserts and/or cake for two weddings-- one last weekend and one yesterday! Both were unique in their own gorgeous way.

I'm about ready to call it a night, but I am too impatient and can hardly wait to share these on the blog. :)

November 23, 2013
Details: Peach, and navy accented 4-tier buttercream cake with a sugar lace border.
Flavors: Alternating tiers of salted caramel and vanilla latte cake.

This wedding was at a local vineyard that my husband and I took photos the day after we got married. Providing a cake for this lovely couple's sweet wedding was extra nostalgic and special! Congrats Chuong and Kim. :)

November 29, 2013
Cakes: 2-tier ombre ruffle cake with handmade and painted sugar peony (carrot cake and snickerdoodle cake); firefighter themed groom's cake (salted caramel); princess carriage cake (vanilla "funfetti"... this was the sweetest surprise cake from the bride's parents!)

Petite Desserts: Salted caramel and red velvet cupcakes; berry and caramel apple mini pies

Okay. This wedding venue was incredible! As soon as I walked into the barn that it was held in to set up, I think my heart skipped a beat! I have a special spot in my heart for rustic and vintage style anything-- so being in this beautiful old barn that was all glammed up for a magical day was so amazing. I loved how the sunlight filtered in through all of the beams of wood, how high up the ceiling went, and how romantic the setting was. This bride put a lot of love filled work into this day and I was so happy to be a part of it with desser! Congratulations Nicole and Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment