Monday, September 23, 2013

Black Scallops, Red Roses, and an Armadillo

This past weekend, I created a 3-tier cake for small wedding. I used to work with the bride when I was a teacher and it was so special to me that I got to be a part of their big day! This cake is made of a 10" vanilla latte cake, 8" chocolate with raspberry cake, and 6" lemon cake with lemon custard. It is garnished with fresh roses and petals. 

The cake is topped with a classic topper (which the bride ordered from Etsy) and the stand was made by the bride's mother, I believe-- how crafty and sweet! 


Also, as a surprise for the groom, the bride also requested a red velvet armadillo cake! I loved the idea (from Steel Magnolias, the movie) and had so much fun creating this creature out of cake and fondant.



No comments:

Post a Comment