Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Liebster Award

Wow! Thank you to Tesia from Listen and Breathe for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This award is such a lovely gift and a awesome way to network through the blogging community. Let's get started!

Liebster Award Rules for Nominees:
1. Post 11 facts/things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Provide 11 questions of your own to ask the people you nominate.
4. Nominate upcoming blogs with great content.
5. Make sure you let the bloggers know if they have been given the award.
6. No tag backs. :)

11 Facts About Myself (Amanda from OMP!)
1. I am a Christian. To me, this isn't a label of a religion I slap on. I am actively living with an open heart, mind, and soul that yearns to build a stronger relationship with the great man above through scripture. I am learning more everyday.

2. Within the last two months, I have acquired the taste of black coffee-- no sugar or any kind of sweetener. I never thought I would be here...but I am!
3. I was born in Newport Beach, CA and grew up in Orange County, CA. I have those So. Cal girl roots.
4. I love the smell of men's fragrances and hygiene products. It's a nice bonus to be able to smell my hubby's deodorant when we hug. Yes, sometimes I take a big whiff of those armpits. Bahaha.
5. Running is one of my favorite forms of exercise  The way I feel about running on a cool and crisp morning or night is a little poetic-- the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground as it is synched with my breath, with good tunes playing through my ear, feels amazing to me.

6. I am currently getting my butt handed to me on a platter by Shaun T. through his Insanity workout program. I am in the middle of week 2!
7. I own two wigs and a handful of silly clothes as a result of spirit days when I was a teacher!


8. Tiny dots in irregular patterns and clusters freak me out. I become very uncomfortable when I see them and often times get the feeling one may receive listening to nails on a chalkboard.
9. I can't jump very well. This makes #6 extra challenging. I am usually the one on the ground in jumping pictures...haha.
10. I have baby fever. Husband and I are very excited for when the time comes for us to be parents. We hope that this will happen within the next two years-- not anytime soon, though.
11.  When I wake up, I usually get excited for breakfast within 10 minutes...hungry/sleepy girl problems. :)

Answer to Tesia's Questions:

  1. What kind of home decor style are you, chic or vintage? I like to mix it up. It's a little of both...I love keeping things eclectic.
  2. What’s your favorite inspirational blog? http://www.ohjoy.blogs.com/
  3. What kind of qualities are in your dream man/woman? Well. Right now, he is passed out asleep next to me in bed and he looks very cute (bed head and all). He is determined, supportive, trusthworthy/faithful, dependable, humorous, loving, and wise (those aren't all the qualities I love about him, but those are definitely some strong ones).
  4. Do you enjoy reading with books or an iPad/Kindle/Nook?  Neither! I love our iPad, but I still prefer reading actual books. I love turning pages and taking in that book smell. Also, I love displaying my books around the house.
  5. Can you handle the hot or the cold weather? I guess I can handle both, but I much prefer the wold weather. Boots, coats, sweaters, scarves-- I like to layer on clothing.
  6. Nachos or chips & salsa kind of person? Hummus and pita chips. ;)
  7. Are you a PC or an Apple person? Apple, but my old laptop is a PC. It's the odd ball in our family, but I still show love.
  8. Are you a tea or coffee person, if none of the above, what kind of beverage are you? I love tea more, but haven't been drinking it as much as coffee lately.
  9. What’s your favorite nail polish color? Essie Made of Honor or Pop Art Pink. I like the soft and sweet pinks the most.
  10. What’s your favorite color palette? This is hard to answer because I love so many different color combinations! I wear and use them all depending on how I am feeling or what the purpose is. I am currently turning a spare room into a walk in closet and the color scheme I have going on is white, gold, plum, and light teal. I also love teals with coral, yellows with blues, and black with neutrals like beige or ivory.
  11. What’s your favorite vegetable, and how do you eat it? Mushrooms! I love it on all kinds of savory foods. I enjoy it roasted with fresh herbs such as rosemary and thyme with a little bit of balsamic vinegar. We haven't been eating pasta or pizza a lot lately, but I adore loads of mushrooms with white truffle oil on these kinds of dishes. So. Good!

My 11 Questions for My Nominee(s) to Answer:
1. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. Where is your favorite place to be in your home? Why?
4. Fill in the blank. "If I were any item in the grocery store, I would be _____________ because ____________".
5. Cupcakes and ice cream or croissants and macarons?
6. When did you last laugh so hard you felt like you couldn't breathe or you were going to pee your pants?
7.  What does a typical Friday night look like for you?
8. Compared to anywhere between 1-5 years ago, what is one thing that has changed the most about yourself?
9. If your best friend/significant other had to describe you in 5 words, what would they be?
10. What was the first CD you purchased?
11. What is your favorite part of your day (or week)?
My Nominees:
1.  Oh Shine On Katie has a great food blog that is filled with delicious and healthy recipes. She makes yummy baked goods with healthy substitutions-- I am all about that! Plus, her writing is quirky and makes me smile. 
2. Life a la Steph Steph is a sweetie pie and I love her simple yet sophisticated style! Her fashion blog is genuine and makes me giddy.
3. Love and Whimsy Milynn has a precious blog filled with charming details of her life. She takes great photos and I usually wander over when I am in need of a good photo boost for visual happiness. I can tell she's a sweetheart, too!


That's the Liebster Award for you all! xo


1 comment:

  1. you are so freaking sweet! thank you for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete